Letter & Line Literary Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Letter & Line (formerly known as Alembic) is a literary and arts magazine sponsored by the Creative Writing Program at Portland Community College's Sylvania campus. It appears twice a year, at the end of winter and spring terms.
The publication highlights the creative work of PCC students--stories, poems, drawings, photographs, paintings, and other artworks. Faculty, staff, and community members are welcome to submit along with students.
Letter & Line is published digitally.
- Submissions are accepted from January 1 to around February 13
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 stories, 5 scripts, 5 pieces of creative nonfiction, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 1,000 words for each story, script, or nonfiction submission.
- Title each submitted item, and submit each as a separate file (.jpeg, .tiff, .doc, .docx, or .rft are all okay; please do NOT submit .pdf's), up to 5 files for each category.
- A cover letter accompanying the first uploaded file should contain a brief bio, e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of works submitted.
- The Alchemy/Letter & Line Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
Consider also submitting to our annual publication, Alchemy Literary Magazine, 80 pages in full color and perfect bound. Submission deadline is March 10, publication June 1.
Letter & Line Literary Magazine • Division of English and World Languages
Portland Community College • PO Box 19000 • Portland, OR 97280-0990
To see the previous edition of Letter & Line: http://www.pcc.edu/about/literary-magazines/letter-line/
Letter & Line is the publication formerly known as Alembic. To see previous versions of Alembic, visit:
www.pcc.edu/alembic • email@example.com